Saturday, November 24, 2012

Today's Textile Therapy

I have wanted a tree skirt for our Christmas tree for a while. But in years past it just wasn't to be. Today, the family went on an outing to the fabric souk and discovered many wondrous finds. Among these finds were these fabrics.
Hubby and I did some quick figuring to determine how much I needed to make a tree skirt and we figured 4 meters would be more than enough, and I could use the spare for a runner or something (or somethings).
When we got home I did some more figuring, measuring, re-figuring, and double checking those figures. Then I had Hubby check my math to make sure (this wasn't cheap stuff, so I didn't want to blow it). I really appreciated my Jr. High math teachers today!
This is the end result. Now if our household goods would just arrive so I can put it around the Christmas tree, it would be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment