Thursday, October 13, 2011

Breakfast casserole

Sorry no pics since camera went AWOL.

I have been making casseroles for breakfast lately and they have been a big hit. The first one was throw together on a morning with not much time and probably could have been left in the oven just a little longer but it was done enough and enjoyed.

Biscuit and Egg cass.

1 batch of biscuits - Bisquick directions for 9 biscuits
Spread on the bottom of a greased pan.
1 dz eggs and 1/2 cup milk beaten
Stir in +/- 1 cup browned sausage (left over from breakfast burritos the night before)
Pour egg and sausage mixture over biscuit dough
sprinkle shredded cheese over top

Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until egg is set.

I'd like to try this with bacon crumbles sometime.

Non-French Toast

We love 'over night french toast' but I rarely have time to prepare it ahead of time. I had half a loaf of homemade bread from last night, so I crumpled the slices with the food processor. Then I beat a doz eggs, some milk, about 1/2 cup sugar, some cinnamon and a dash of vanilla. I first spread the crumbs on the bottom of a pan, then pour egg mixture over the top. Bake at 450 for 20 min or till egg is set. This is very filling!

I wish I could share pictures, these were a great hit and my kiddos are now excited anytime I mention breakfast casserole!

No comments:

Post a Comment